Monday, June 25, 2012

Germany, Spain, Portugal....Italy!

No, it's not my current travel-wish list (although, when I think about it, it sort of is that, too - sorry France). It's the half final list for the Euro Cup.

H made fun of me yesterday, when I knew before he did that the Italy England match went into penalty kicks. When did I become such a soccer fan? I'm not sure...Although, in those early days after the move abroad, I can remember a family dinner table chat about which English words H's step dad knew at the time - wonderful, darling and soccer topped the list.

One thing is for certain right about now, I miss the atmosphere around the Euro cup this summer. Honking horns and waving flags after the games, reports on the radio, and lots of football (I mean soccer) anthems in the mix...big screens in town, and what have you. With UEFA headquarters just up the road, and FIFA a few cantons away, plus with H from the best hometown possible for Swiss clubs (yes, I am biased), it was hard not to become a fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment