Sunday, June 10, 2012

Clean

I think one of the best decisions we made yet in the house was to keep the kitchen light and simple - no new cabinets - just pulls, knobs, paint . There's few more open shelves (for books & herbs, among other things)...and a small kitchen wine fridge for you know who...A light butcher block counter, the simplest of simplest white subway tiles, a stainless sink. I have to say, I like the counter far better than I ever thought I would, and it's also much easier to clean and maintain than anticipated.  I did give it a good deep clean this weekend though. It looks so strange when it's bare! I kind of like it, but I'm way too practical to leave it empty like that.

Clean 

There's many things I'm not very particular about at all, but the kitchen counter isn't one of them. Crumbs and what not shouldn't stay in the corners for too long. I think this comes from spending lots of time in other people's kitchens (oh the days of being a nanny!) and getting kind of grossed out by what lurked behind the toaster. Or maybe it's my fear of animal friends from the forest coming in for a wander on the counter.

Back together again

Now if only I could be more fussy about the windows (and a few other areas of the house), we might actually look completely pulled together here.

Anyway, we did manage to get another picture framed and hung this weekend though. We're much better at picking these out than we are at actually getting them on the walls. Like so many of the pictures in the house, it's of a city where we used to live.

One more picture

No comments:

Post a Comment