Earlier this year, I decided to ask the wonderful lady who helps manage our lawn for some help with a certain weed-ridden flower bed here. She told me it was complicated, that the whole thing needed to essentially come out, and that we needed to wait until late summer to even start dealing with it. "Any other good news," I thought - another scraggly season and then restart? So I went about trying to tackle it myself (pretty successfully, I might add), until about 2 weeks ago, when somehow things got too busy. And then, last Saturday, while H and I were off tromping around in the big city, it was done - or at least mostly. I called the lovely lawn lady to ask about it (it wasn't on the bill, and I thought we were in a holding pattern in any case), and it wasn't on her radar. So who pulled the weeds & the beaten remnants of the daffodils? She's looking into it! In the meantime, I've officially decided we need a little help edging a walkway. The pachysandra is taking over in a big way, and the path is now narrow enough to make any house guest anything but sure footed. And it makes me nervous. Animal friends. And not the furry kind. I'm talking slither and scales. Yuck - there was one there over the weekend, and two first thing yesterday morning. H likes it even less than I do.
The only good news about this, is that this provides good mouse control close to the house. The cats offered to take this job, but I'd really rather not go there. Someone brought a present to bed earlier this week. She hasn't done this since living here. Back in Switzerland, we received a few swallows a year - one time there were two in one morning (Otto had to prove that he could catch one, too). Anyway, the furry friend aspect of this weeks' little gift, bothered me more than with a bird. Serious scrubbing and washing ensued, while our proud huntress watched. Oh life in the country.
No comments:
Post a Comment