Anyway, I had a hard time coming up with a list. "My friends" I said...which is true. But there is so much more, too: my morning walks in the vineyards, the view, the lake, the mountains, the snow (we have so much here, but it's different!), the way that all different types of music get mixed up together on the radio....Anyway, the list goes on and on, but I realized I hadn't really let myself go there yet. Maybe it's time.
If we hadn't moved, I would be in Greece this week for work. Strange thought. A happy (sunny!) thought, actually. Today would have held a visit to Hydra, where Leonard Cohen lived with Marianne. I realized, I've been generally avoiding sad songs lately, too, but couldn't resist paying a little tribute to the moment with a quick listen to "So Long Marianne"...

Certainly, I'm not the first one to make the comparison between moving and ending a relationship...but I'm taking a quick cue from the thought and the song...it's okay, no, it's probably slowly time to laugh and cry and cry and laugh about it all again...
No comments:
Post a Comment