Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choi (on foot, for now)

Happy Chinese New Year...the year of the Hare - sounds promising. We celebrated a little early last night by going to a Japanese restaurant run by a Chinese team...seems like a strange mix, but the result was delicious. The Times likes the place, too, as you can see here. My only mini-complaint would be that the portions were almost too big. Of course, that didn't stop either of us from managing to be proud members of the clean plate club...I even mustered up enough room for a scoop of green tea ice cream.

At least we worked a bit of it off, getting there and back...love how many places we can walk to here. I guess that's why we went through all the fuss and hassle of moving to this little apartment. Suppose we also did it so we could have a second car here. I know that's a little contradictory, but aren't many things?

Anyway, I've been doing just about everything on foot this week - mostly because I'm a nervous-Nelly about driving the car with all this ice around...When I mentioned this to our landlord's ladyfriend yesterday, she asked me if I was a new driver. I explained that, no, I just wasn't used to the super slick streets. Then she told me I should be careful walking...that there were lots of icicles falling down. She gave me this really stern look when she said it. What did she want me to do, get a helmet?! Most definitely for the bike, but not for this.

Anyway, I managed to get everything I needed done, although it meant changing dry cleaners and subjecting the cats to yet another new kind of food. The ladyfriend was right, though, there was quite a bit of ice dropping from trees...but it looked so pretty, I didn't worry too much about the dangerous part (little sparkly crystals everywhere...not at all like the grey dreary stuff we had yesterday morning),

Sparkle

Speaking of sparkle, I love this chandelier...so what if it isn't early American, like the house - we don't really want it to look like a museum anyway. And if the combination of things turns out even half as good as the unexpected Chinese/Japanese mix last night, I don't think we'll be the only ones who will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment