Monday, July 2, 2012

Deep clean, very fresh

This past weekend got off to a good start. H brought home sushi and champagne on Friday night - to enjoy poolside. Did I mention how much I love summer? It all would have set the stage for a perfectly relaxing weekend, if you know who hadn't misplaced her glasses. Somehow, either in diving in (hot enough to do this now, without the slightest shiver!), or in rolling up the pool cover, I knocked my glasses into the water. It took a good 12 or so hours to recover them (it was really dark, we don't have a pool light). Much to my relief, I found them at the bottom of the pool the next morning. They were deep clean, so to speak, and thankfully not damaged in any way.

The weekend got better from there. We joined a new CSA this year - a little by accident, and not without some trepidation on my part (I enjoyed our share last summer, but I wasn't 100% convinced it's the best way to go). Our little farmers market is back, but it's a little touch and go, and was cancelled this past weekend. When this happened last summer, it was always a big scramble and quite a bit of guesswork when it came to picking up our share. This year, not only are we more impressed with the vegetables, the farm called the day before to let us know they would hand deliver our box this week, and they just wanted to be sure we would be home. Fabulous!

Lilies

They came with flowers and apologies for the change in routine....and of course, a gorgeous lot of produce. I have to say, I'm having fun with it, and it's shaking up the routine here, as we are getting things I wouldn't normally pick out on my own. And everything is so good, you hardly have to do anything to it. The table was a good place to be at our house this weekend, and we enjoyed, among other things,  our first panzanella of the season, quick fresh pickled cucumbers and a tomato and avocado salad with tons of cilantro.

Pickled

No comments:

Post a Comment