Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Little by little

Finally, I'm starting to feel caught up around the house...little by little. There's still so much to do though. We have house guests this weekend - this gives me a good dose of motivation to spruce things...Still so many details though to get in order.  The phone outlet, for instance - I sure wish I could talk someone into moving it down a notch!

Morning

Much of the work these days has centered around the yard. H just put a great wood chip border around the little tomato garden - a dusty job, but it looks great. He also secured some leftover deer fencing around a few of the newer plantings (might need to put a bit more around - we still have a rogue, who doesn't have normal deer taste - this morning I found an upturned echinacea plant). Also, trying very hard to keep things watered. It's times like these when I'm thrilled we have a well. One thing I'm still trying to figure out though is how the weeds are so resistant to the heat and the deer - the weeds are cropping up faster than I can pull them still. Oh well - who wants perfection anyway...

Butterfly bush

No comments:

Post a Comment