Thursday, March 31, 2011

Veronika, der Lenz ist da...

More snow predicted tonight! The poor little daffodils that are just about to burst into bloom aren't going to like it. Enough winter already!

Any disappointment I have about the current weather situation was officially offset though, by the fact that the grocery store finally had some American asparagus in stock. Somewhere in this country, spring has arrived.

Veronika der Lenz ist da...

Asparagus! Happiness on a plate (with butter and salt). Think it might possibly one of my all time favorite foods. Maybe because the season is so short? Or because it comes around just about the time I think I can't possibly stand another day of winter? A little taste of milder days to come....and a food that always makes me giggle. Because of the bathroom situation for one (it's almost instant, it's amazing), but also because it puts this catchy (and kitschy) German tune into my head (there is a great line in the chorus about how the asparagus is growing)...

Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment