We more or less have a plan though now for it all - painting, de-wallpapering...and a bit of floor refinishing (although the rugged look of the old pine floors in the front hall & living room is growing on me every day)...And there will be some serious sprucing for the master bedroom - no more carpet, a better closet, a smaller more (space and energy) efficient washing machine/dryer up there...and a bigger bathroom. The latter is still going to be a small space - I mean double sinks are out of the question, and we've even decided to forgo a bathtub (there's one across the hall), but at least we'll be able to get in and out of the shower without some serious manoeuvring...
And then there is the furniture shopping. Fun! We have a few things coming today, and I can hardly wait. We've pretty much thrown our original ideas out the window...instead of cutting the living room with something really modern, for instance, we found this great old blue velvet sofa, from this darling man named Tony. More about him later, because he is a great guy (and very talented at fixing up our light situation). Anyway, he had this lovely little loveseat we just couldn't resist. Now that I have stopped fretting over the possibility that it might be harboring bed bugs, I really like it...Alice does, too...it's her new favorite afternoon nap spot. As you can see, she's not having too much of a problem settling in here either...
No comments:
Post a Comment