
The wildlife is stirring, too - spotted quite a few deer and a white tailed rabbit these past few days; more squirrels than I can count. Watched a sweet pair of robins start their nest yesterday morning, while I puttered around in the kitchen. There is also a young mallard couple who courts in the pond here (but they are shy & every time I try to get a closer look at them, they run off into the woods together).

All lovely signs of spring. But not so quickly...this morning, the last (official anyway) day of winter, it's snow, snow and more snow...even though we've all had enough this year, it's the first dusting we've seen since moving into the house, and it's far too pretty to get upset about it...let's just hope it warms up this afternoon, as predicted, because we're not quite equipped with shovels and such just yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment