
We've been in this apartment nearly a week now...and I'm finally starting to warm up to it. The cats have stopped hiding, and I've gotten the place a bit cleaner. Now if only the paint wouldn't chip! People seem to be so much more relaxed about the lead paint issue here. Just sign the waiver that you won't take anyone to court over it, and everything will be fine. Our darling (and ever so patient) real estate agent likes to tell me it's perfectly safe so long as I don't chew on the windowsills. I'm not so convinced.
Anyway, besides the lead paint worry, things are alright. It's kind of fun to be back in a flat (a rented craigslist victorian, just like old times) where the restaurants, shops and cinema are all just a few steps away. And the view is pretty good, too(I just need to remember to stop fussing about the windowsills and take a look at what is just beyond them).

My absolute favourite part about the place though is the bathroom. Okay, I know...I'm not wild about American bathrooms (another post for another day), but this one is so much better than the last. The tub is bigger, and the hot water doesn't go all funny when someone flushes the toilet. There's even enough room for the cat's litter box, so it doesn't have to live out in the hallway. But the best thing is definately the wallpaper. So cheerful and yellow. Maybe an idea for the new house?

In anycase, I'm looking forward to having lots of flowers....more than just Mr. Playmobil's plastic bouquet.
No comments:
Post a Comment