Be all you can be (anyway and for the first time in 37 years)
I went to my first college football (never been to a professional one either, or any kind that matter since high school) game yesterday. It was pretty fun, I have to admit. West Point vs. Stanford: the latter won (not by quite as much as predicted, but all the same) and had more fans than I expected in the stadium (although it makes sense -- plenty of Stanford grads live in this corner of the States). It was their first game at West Point since 1976, and I'm glad we didn't miss it. The crowds (it was a full house) and cadets (so many, so polite!) were impressive, as was the pre-game parachute landing...and the stadium, on the banks of the Hudson, is not the worst place to spend a late summer afternoon. The man next to us was particularly amusing -- a funny cross between my high school gym coach and a drill sergeant, with beautiful wife and teenage boys in tow.
It was a bit of a stretch to get there. I took a spill earlier this week and am bruised and broken and not exactly very mobile these days. It's going to make for an interesting moment here. The next challenge = getting the laundry done and house ready for our next guest (from the other side of the pond, excited to see him) who arrives on Wednesday....
No comments:
Post a Comment