Monday, October 28, 2013

Autumn

It's official -- autumn is really here. Having grown up in temperate California, I never tire of the seasons, including the shift towards colder weather. It's bright and crisp outside, and the leaves this week look exactly like I always thought (hoped) they would here on the east coast. I've pulled out the woolen things again (cozy sweaters!), which feels good. The last of the tomatoes are gone, but we're enjoying beautiful squash (all kinds), warm soups (I've made up a carrot/apple/ginger one that we can't get enough of here) and lovely tender greens you just can't get in full summer here.

Projects on the house are coming along -- some more quickly than others. The bathroom still isn't (quite) finished, but we're getting close, and it is beautiful. H. and a friend worked through smaller fix-it projects over the weekend: changing the water filter and winterizing the back door! I'm impressed with the handy factor here.  He's also been working on touch ups to the trim and the back patio (we had some extra help on these last two project, too, which is great!). Next weekend's project is a little less glamorous -- once the bathroom wraps, we need to declutter a few of the upstairs rooms. Once the workmen's tools are gone, there's no excuse not to keep tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment