
It kind of amazes me every year to see what comes up in our garden. The irises are putting on a big show, as are the peonies. I really thought we'd miss the latter, which bloom and go in a blink. Of course, when they finally opened this weekend, rain followed shortly thereafter, and I'm I hoping the plant doesn't fully succumb to post-rain droop now!

I made a quick scramble and risked bringing petals full of ants into the house when it started getting really wet outside. It took me a good hour (enjoying their sweet and delicate smell) to come to my senses on this one. I finally decided to settle for a little porch bouquet with the open flowers, and kept ant-free, marble like buds for in here.
Also enjoying a few new annuals which are brightening up the windows in a big way!

The warm weather animal friends are also back in action, and you know who, our resident window patrol, enjoys this immensely.
Surprisingly, we have very few deer right now (we think we cut off the main thoroughfare with a bit of deer fencing in the forest on the side yard). I'm not complaining. In any case, H. loves critter spotting (it's funny). The other night it was a couple of frogs on the back walkway, and this morning, it was a turtle crossing the road (really).
One thing is for sure, the garden will keep us very busy again for the next few months, from weeding to planting to painting to swimming to just enjoying the warmer weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment