Thursday, August 18, 2011

So happy to see you

I spent some time in the garden before going to work today...for some much needed tomato tending. I'm afraid, I've neglected our little plot these past few weeks - too much else to do. There were some pretty sickly branches - it looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie (or worse) - in there.

But the southwestern corner of the little vegetable garden is doing well - the nasturtiums, one of my favorite flowers, are going wild. I was so happy to see them - a little bit of sunshine on a stormy day...Next year, I will plant more. I'm thinking about filling up the old whiskey barrel and metal troughs over by the stream with them.

Summer Bouquet

Yes, there is nothing like a few flowers to make everything better. The same goes for the house tonight. It's anything but perfect. The work that was supposed to wrap up today didn't. Which means the mad dash cleaning spree tonight isn't going to be worth a whole lot by the time the houseguests get here tomorrow. But at least there are a few lovely summer bouquets to spruce the place up...and calm me down about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment