Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot. Water.

It's 100 degrees (38 C!) out today...and with the humidity factored in, even hotter. Whew! I think we're officially in the midst of our first East Coast heat wave.

And to keep it all interesting, we had a bit of a scare earlier today. Around lunchtime, I got a call from our contractor - no running water. Not in the house, not in the yard, not in the cottage. Great.

We'd been joking earlier in the week about it - that I don't know how much water we really have in the well, but I'm still watering the lawn (off-setting it, of course, with quick, turn off the water in between soaping up, European style showers...yes, I really do, at least most of the time now that it's so warm here).

Anyway, thankfully, it turned out to be a minor, minor issue - a faulty power connection to the pump, and a quick fix once the well specialist got out here. Thankfully. I've never been so happy to turn on a faucet in my life as I was this afternoon...

Of course, there's no sink in the kitchen right now, but that's another story. I'm just relieved to have running water...and excited about the (close to being finished) bathroom we can really start using this weekend - the picture here doesn't do it justice, it's really lovely.

New

No comments:

Post a Comment