Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Guilty suburban pleasures

The flags were flying again here today...for flag day this time. I drove the long way home from work tonight just to get another glimpse of the seriously decked out main street here. Flags on every pole.

Wave your flag

Came home, ate dinner, tinkered in the garden a little...gave my favorite high schooler some tips for her French final tomorrow...and then off to bunco - drunko, as one of the local ladies calls it (who like most of the people I've met, isn't really local at all). Yes, there is a little red wine involved in this game. This is my second time at bunco, and  I confess, it's growing on me. Caught up on the local gossip. Talked paint colors like the best of them (it feels like eveyone here is remodelling, just remodelled or thinking about starting a project any day now). And rolled a few dice in between things. Oh the guilty pleasures of suburban living!

No comments:

Post a Comment