It's been busy. And I'm officially trying to juggle too many things. I never was very good at saying no...and I'm afraid I'm not always the best juggler, either.
Yes, I'm tired today...worried about the long list of things I have to do, but happy to see that we have a blue sky this morning. We had another round of torrential rains the other night like you wouldn't believe....buckets and buckets of rain...and a leak that stretched from our upstairs bedroom window down to the kitchen below it. The joys of an old house...
H. came to the rescue (he has a real handy side that I never knew about!), but frightened the wits out of me doing it. He got out there, in the night and the rain - in the middle of a major storm to be exact (with lightening) - on a ladder. You don't need to be a scientist to know this isn't a good idea. And then, when he couldn't solve the situation that way, he started working out of the window (hanging waaaaay out of it - there was more of him out there in the storm than in the house) to rig some sort of strange aluminum foil solution to reroute all the water. It worked wonders. Many wet towels, and hand wringing moments later, we are dry here again.
But we woke up this morning to find another thing that needs to be fixed - our basement watchdog. It's this machine that backs up the sump pump (which is a pump that takes the excess water out of the basement and away from the house). The sump pump - something I didn't know about before coming to New Jersey, but with all the water here, it's an essential thing to have, as is this back-up mechanism watchdog thing that isn't working right now. It's sounding this piercing alarm. The good news is, that it seems to just need a new battery. (So do do H. & I)....So happy there is a long holiday weekend ahead...we need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment