
Happily our power was restored yesterday evening. Twenty-seven hours or so was long enough...without heat, electricity, running water, wifi, cell phone service, what have you. It was fun for a few hours, then it was just cold.
As outdoorsy as I can be, I'm not all that great at camping in winter. The fragility of the infrastructure (and the extreme weather) here still floors me...Once again, I am thankful as can be for basics like running water.
I guess it did help us get some much needed downtime. Saturday evening, we curled up with all the blankets in the house and played a funny vintage board game by candlelight...

Funny - the game we played is called Wo bin ich? - a trivia game about where you find various spots in Swizterland. According to one of the question cards, the Simplon tunnel is the longest in Europe. It was good for a giggle or two. Did I mention that I lost terribly, in spite of normally being pretty on top of my geography...and also that the question - where am I? - has crossed my mind a time or two these past few days...
No comments:
Post a Comment