Saturday, September 10, 2011

Reasons to plant and pick

I'm a little ruffled right now.  The people behind us put a second story on their house this week. They've been building all summer, but only now are the plans clear. I'd like to plant another evergreen or two to get our lovely private garden back. That's right, I don't like seeing their house from ours. One thing all of the other places we've lived together have had in common, was the lack of neighbors facing us - a happy coincidence, at first. In the meantime we've gotten used to it, and sought it out here.

Another complaint today - our CSA didn't show up to the farmer's market. It's not the first misfire. They had piglets & couldn't get away. I guess it's a good excuse to go out to the country side tomorrow. Love the u-pick flower fields out there, just like back in Switzerland.

I'm trying to find a little upside to it all - or at least an excuse to plant trees and gather flowers.

Roadside farm market

No comments:

Post a Comment