Friday: Asked H. if he is foregoing Friday casual because he doesn't like it or because he likes to stir it up a little in the office...Turns out it's the latter. Makes me giggle. Crabcakes (from the little local Italian market) for dinner, again - a new Friday tradition at our house. So good.

Saturday: Errands, errands and more errands. But I found a swimsuit. First one I tried on all year. And a discount store bargain to boot. Now the only question: is a little red, white & blue bikini appropriate after 30? Think it will be perfect for the 4th of July party we will probably have, (we've had many requests, I don't think we will be able to get out of it!) if nothing else...
Sunday: Found a fun old print of San Francisco at a local highschool antique show fundraiser. One more thing to frame! Love the light over the bay, the blue and red rooftops and dashes of yellow in the clothes.

Cleaned out the fridge and the oven. I guess the latter has a self-cleaning function, but I think it's kind of a weird concept & have heard it's a smelly process anyway, so I donned some gloves and did it myself.
Mr. & Mrs. Duck (we have the sweetest little pair who flap around here) finally let me take a picture of them. Reminds me we also need to clean (or find someone to help us clean) the pond before they nest. Lots of muck and leaves, you can hardly see them here.

Apéro around 5pm, in the sunroom. Looked at lots of pictures of kitchens. H is an even bigger magazine junkie than I am, so there were many pages to flip through together.

H set up the computer/tv so we can watch 'Tatort' (very favorite German tv show, has been running more than 40 years) on Sunday nights now, just like back in Switzerland...A depressing episode last night, not exactly the best way to kick things off, but oh well...My hunch is that it was probably followed by a talk show about poverty in Germany (this is the usual formula - the show will touch on a current social problem and then you have this discussion forum talk show that follows, but we didn't stream that part - H doesn't like that second show anyway). Hopefully the next episode will be better.
And now it's Monday again, already. A bit of a dreary one at that...except the lovely forsythia that is starting to bloom around all the edges. A happy sign of warmer days ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment