Saturday, August 3, 2013

Not yet

It's clear we're not going to be finished in time for the arrival of our moms (yes, they are both coming, together, should be fun!)...we're surprisingly okay with it all, and also fixing a few other bits while we're at it. Today we picked up the tile and made the final choices on the paint colours. I'm excited to see it all come together.

Meanwhile, we're very much enjoying summer. Made a quick escape to the Jersey shore this week. It's still recovering, still beautiful. 

Shore

Among other things, we're eating well, enjoying the local offerings. We have a charming young farmer down the road who musters all sorts of interesting edibles. Today, I brought home fennel flowers, among other things. Our allergies suffered (I've since relocated the blooms to the back porch), but the salad sparkled thanks to a sprinkling of the pollen (and the tomatoes!)...such a good time of year for eating and enjoying...


Fennel pollen


No comments:

Post a Comment