Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow

Finally, it snowed properly here this weekend! I was ready...not for a winter like last year, but for a decent dusting, like we had yesterday. So pretty!

I was well into my twenties when I had my first winter, and I really enjoy the cold and the snow...and miss all the snowshoing and cross-country skiing back in Switzerland. Today was a great day here though. We took a long and lovely walk in the woods together this afternoon (one of my favorite parts about where we live = the abundance of trails).

Winter walk

I can never decide, though, what I like most about the snow: the way it feels when you walk on it, the way it makes everything look new again, the way it slows things down, or the way it sounds (everything is just that much quieter).

Looking forward to the next round already...

No comments:

Post a Comment