Sunday, December 11, 2011

Boucle d'oreille

I lost a favorite earring last week. I only have two pairs actually, and the other one needs to be repaired -sometimes minimalism has it's drawbacks, and it feels strange to have bare ears - I keep pulling at my lobs, hoping I might find it, and that everything is back in its proper place (earrings in ears, among other things).

It must have fallen out somehow, somewhere a good week and two days ago. It was one of those days where I was about five places at once - lots of meetings, lunch offsite, dinner party after work, and then off to another couple's house before going home. My hunch is that the earring, a perfect gold hoop, is long gone. I keep asking the housekeeper at work (a lovely woman) and checking our vacuum at home, hoping, maybe. So far no luck, though. A pity...and a sign that it's time to slow down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment