To make matters worse, my office hasn't reopened since the storm. This makes that chocolate all the more accessible. And while little bit of downtime is great (and boy did I need it going into this week)....I can be such a putzer! There is still lots to do around here, and I should be tackling a bit more of it.
Speaking of the home front - here's a bit of news from life in the country. Just about the time that I won another (minor) battle with the ants (cinnamon is my friend -smells so good, and they hate, hate, hate it), there are signs that an animal friend or two is taking cover from the cold winter weather in the warmer corners of our house. The other day, I noticed Alice and Otto hanging out staring under the cabinets and radiators in the kitchen. Their weird habits come and go, but this one seemed a little obsessive to ignore.
Yes, we do. Last night, I saw a small furry four-legger scamper quickly out and back again. The cats, of course, love this game. H and I are decidedly less amused...and have a call in to our contractor to get all the little crevices as blocked off as they can be. There is a reason I have spent so much time making sure all the food sealed tightly here.
No comments:
Post a Comment